Friday, June 29, 2012

TGIF at GReads! {5}: Best I've Read So Far


TGIF at GReads! is a weekly feature, created by GReads! to re-cap the week's posts and propose a question to followers.




The question for this week is:

Best I've Read So Far:
Which Top 3 books are the best you've read so far this year?



My number one is a complete no-brainer and was the book I thought of the second I saw today's topic.

1. Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent


Before I Wake is the sixth installment in Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series and was by far my most anticipated book of this year and it did not disappoint one bit. It actually broke my heart so much, I still haven't been able to write my review for it - or pick up another book for that matter. It is so full of awesome, there are no words to ever do it justice. So, yes, this is definitely my favorite book of the year so far!

*****

2. Execution by Alexander Gordon Smith


Execution by Alexander Gordon Smith is the fifth and final book in his Escape from Furnace series. The US release is set for November, but since I couldn't wait that long, I read the UK version instead. This is another book I haven't been able to write my review for yet. I'm hoping to get it done sometime within the next two weeks though. This whole series was so intense, dark, disturbing, and just gut-wrenching at times, and this final book was no exception whatsoever.

*****

Now for my number three spot, I am torn between two books, but I am going to go with:

3. Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey


I absolutely loved this book. It was so refreshingly different for me since I hadn't read anything about witches before. Braden is an incredible main character and slowly learning the truth about his past alongside him was an amazing experience. Of course, there is also Drew, who I just love, love, love. I actually just did my "Desperately Wanting Wednesday" post about its sequel Demon Eyes. October really can't get here fast enough.

*****

Since it can't hurt to add just one more book, I figured I might as well add a number four to my list.

4. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I was a little bit wary about picking this one up since it was about aliens and I was afraid it would be something really over the top weird. As soon as I started Shadows, however, I was hooked and I really could have picked both Shadows and Obsidian as my number four.

*****

What about you? What are some of the best books you have read so far this year? I would love to hear from you!


4 comments:

  1. :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    In no particular order...
    ~remember I haven't read BIW to it's end so I'll leave it out of the list~

    A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
    Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin
    Easy by Tammara Webber
    Everneath by Brodi Ashton
    and
    Hushed by Kelley York -broke my heart into a million pieces-

    <3333 Anyways... fast stop because I'm off to bed :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these books yet, but definitely checking them out now :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Obsidian! I've read nothing but good things about it, plus Jennifer is so sweet in person. It sounds like a good book, and because you put it on your list, I'm even more eager to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH... Soul Screamers, Witch Eyes, and the Lux series are all books I've been meaning to read for FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete