Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA: Introductions First

Design credit: Emily of Emily's Reading Room

I am so very proud to be partaking in this year's Armchair BEA. I still remember last year when I just discovered book blogs and how awesome they are. Armchair BEA kept popping up almost everywhere, but I didn't know what it was all about. It's a year later, I have my own blog now and am a teeny tiny bit smarter when it comes to Armchair BEA. The whole concept is amazing and I just had to join in on the fun.

But enough with the rambling, on to the introduction part of this post. Here are my five questions and answers:


1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

My name is Ina and I am the very proud mommy of a 3 1/2 year old boy. I love anything to do with books, music, and movies.
I have been blogging for almost five months now and the main reason I started is fiktshun's Soul Screamers Reading Challenge. I had been thinking of MAYBE starting my own blog someday, but I guess I needed that extra kick in the butt. When I first heard of the SSRC and that it would include writing down your reviews and/or thoughts about the books, I thought what better time to start blogging could there possibly be. So, yes, you have Rachel from fiktshun to blame for that.


2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

UK cover
US cover



I just started reading Execution by Alexander Gordon Smith which is the fifth and final book in the Escape from Furnace series. The US version won't be released until November, but I have the UK version because I just can't wait another five months to find out how everything is going to end. I am very excited but also extremely scared...





3. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?

I would LOVE to visit The Shire and Rivendell from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. If it's anything like they portrayed in the movies, I would be in heaven. I just imagine it being so incredibly beautiful. Plus, meeting a few hobbits and elves wouldn't be too bad either. I love nature, so this would be the perfect place for me to be.


4. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?


Oh my, I would give almost anything to have dinner with none other than Tod Hudson, Grim Reaper from Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series. He is by far my favorite fictional character. He is funny, caring, dangerous - he is a reaper after all - incredibly infuriating at times, but also very loyal to our heroine Kaylee Cavanaugh. So, yes, what wouldn't I do to just be able to look into his mesmerizing blue eyes...sigh...
On a side note, only three weeks from tomorrow until Before I Wake is released!!! 



As far as authors go, it would be a tie between Stephen King and James Patterson. I have admired both their work for many, many ears, and would love to pick their brains about writing. Plus, I would love to know just how the mind of someone works who is responsible for some of the scariest books out there.


5. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?

My favorite part about this community is meeting like-minded book fanatics. I am a little bit shy so I haven't met THAT many new people yet, but the ones I did get to know are amazing. I love interacting with them and hearing about new books. I know for a fact that if it wasn't for other bloggers, my reading pile would only consist of about ten or twenty books at most, instead of going on to 400.

*****

So, I guess this is it for my introduction, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything. I am very excited to take part in this year's Armchair BEA and look forward to meeting other bloggers.


33 comments:

  1. Hi
    Stopped by from Armchair BEA.
    Good to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, nice to meet you too! :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hiya, just stopped by to say hello and welcome to ArmchairBEA. It is my first year also. I haven't read Rachel Vincent's souls creamer series but I do keep meaning to borrow it from the library.

    Anyhow hope you enjoy ArmchairBEA this week and feel free to stop by my site to say hello : http://sapphireddragon.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/armchair-bea-day-one-introductions.html

    Btw I am a new follower :-)

    Cya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so totally should pick the books up! They are incredible! Soul Screamers is definitely one of my favorite series ever!!! Rachel Vincent is awesome!!! :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by and following. I will check your post out as well. :)

      Delete
  3. *Swoons* Tod!! Oh jeezeeee! LOVE him. I picked Jace but Tod was my next choice! :)
    I just got my post up so check it out! ;)
    #TeamDaemonTemptation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love Jace too, but Tod stole my heart. ;)

      Yay, go #TeamDaemonTemptation!!! :D

      Delete
  4. ooh, I never thought of using the literary location question to pick a fictional place!
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually never thought of NOT picking a fictional place. LOL The Shire really was the first place that popped into my mind. I loved reading LotR and just imagined it to be a beautiful, beautiful place. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Ina!!! I'm jumping to the Soul Screamer bandwagon! I totally love it! I recently read the first book and consider me addicted, cannot wait to read the next books! I'm totally Team Nash sorry though Tod <3 love him too XD


    My Introduction post here

    -Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's so awesome!!! I love it when people discover this series for themselves!!! I know there a TON of Nash fans out there, but I just never really, fully trusted him...

      Going to check your post out now.

      Thanks so much for stopping by!!! :)

      Delete
    2. I recently talked to a SSC Fan on Twitter and I think I got spoiled. She was wondering why I was on Team Nash XD dang I need to read the next book, I ordered the omnibus after reading the first book lol


      -Jay
      We Fancy Books

      Delete
    3. Oh, but there a lot of die-hard Nash fans out there. Tod doesn't have the biggest role in the first book but I always found him to be very intriguing. My favorite book in this series so far is "If I Die" but I have a feeling "Before I Wake" will be even better. :)

      Delete
  6. I would be crashing your dinner if you got to have Stephen King and James Patterson there. Could you imagine how fantastic that dinner would be? What kinds of conversations you could have? That would be a dream come true for many a book lover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could crash that dinner anytime because I think I might be too nervous to even get a word out. *lol* So, yes, if you could join in and talk for the both of us, that would be awesome. :D

      Delete
  7. That would be an interesting dinner to be at, though I would have to remember to not mention how much I didn't like Insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually one of the few books I haven't read yet even though I own. I remember my mom reading it years and years ago, but she got so bored, she couldn't finish it. *lol*

      Delete
  8. I'd love to visit the Shire, too! In fact, I wouldn't mind a Hobbit house! Happy BEA Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the tallest person, so I think a little Hobbit house could actually work for me. That's a great idea! LOL

      Thank you for stopping by and happy BEA week to you too! :)

      Delete
  9. Great blog!! Welcome to BEA!! The Shire would eb cool to go to

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I decided to join. It's only day 1 but I've already had a ton of fun checking out other people's blogs. :)

      Delete
  10. I've only read the first two or three SS books, but I have to agree! I love Tod. He's so adorable and sarcastic. He's definitely that character that gets under your skin! Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he so is!!! He definitely gets under your skin! *lol* I just can't get enough of him. ;)

      Thank you so much for stopping by and it's great to meet you, too! :)

      Delete
  11. I had no idea the SSRC was what made you decide to start your blog! :) And I knew you'd pick Tod if you picked a fictional character. Staring at his avi right now, and how could you not want to pick him. He's adorable!

    I love your literary location pick, too. The Shire is kind of magical - especially if it's like it is in the movies. Though Rivendell would scare me a little. Those elves aren't quite as charming as those hobbits. :)

    And you totally have to tell me if you love the ending to the series. I'm dying to know how it ends, but decided to wait until the US release in November. Though I'm secretly hoping it will be on NetGalley. Okay, well, not so secretly anymore.

    I hope you have a lot of fun with this year's Armchair BEA.I'm so glad you decided to share your thoughts about books. And you're one of my favorite people I've "met" since I started blogging! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admit it already, Rachel, you set out to make me cry today!!! ;) You might not believe me, but I really had a tear or two when reading your comment. Thank you so much!!! You are incredible and just one of a kind!!! :)

      Oh, you didn't know I started this blog because of the SSRC? I thought you did. *lol* Well, but I guess as far as Tod goes, I'm pretty much an open book, huh? You have no idea how hard it was to change my twitter avi to the Obsidian cover. When the #DaemonInvasion is over, Tod will be right back with me. :P

      The Shire is sooo beautiful!!! *sigh* You're right, the elves aren't as open and welcoming as hobbits, but I think Rivendell would just be stunning and a must-see place. I wouldn't even have to talk to any elves, but just walk around and enjoy nature. :)

      I'll definitely tell you what I think about the ending, but I won't give any spoilers, obviously. ;) I might not even post my review until closer to US release date. I haven't decided on that yet.

      I'm so glad I joined too. I have had lots of fun already. :D Thanks so much for everything, Rachel! I feel so blessed to have "met" you!!! :)

      Delete
  12. Book blogging is such a great way to meet other book lovers! It seems like there are so many in the blogosphere but where are they in real life?! Also I noticed that you also like movies. This seems a common thread on many book bloggers. I think it's because readers are, overall, fans of great stories, no matter what format (book vs. film). Hope you're enjoying Armchair BEA so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! It is so hard to find like-minded book lovers in real life. I especially noticed that when I was writing my post for Wednesday's ABEA topic. Though I'm also very shy and would never just walk up to somebody and start small-talk, so that could be another reason I haven't met any YA book lovers yet. ;)

      You're absolutely right when it comes to movies. A great story helps escape reality sometimes and if you're ever not in the mood to read, you just throw on a movie and let yourself get lost in it. :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by and have an awesome ArmchairBEA week!!!

      Delete
  13. It was so fabulous to learn more about you! I love that you started your blog because of a reading challenge, I think that's really neat! I'm also pretty shy, so I haven't talked to many book bloggers out there, but I still have met so many bookish people. And you're definitely right about the TBR thing: without book blogging, I would probably only have a few books on my TBR, now I have a good 300-400 that I want to read!

    Have fun during Armchair BEA. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I'm so shy it's not even funny. The odd thing none of my real life friends would think that because once I've gotten to know somebody and am comfortable around them, I can't shut up. *lol* The getting there part is what's so incredibly hard. I've really been forcing myself to be at least a little more social on twitter and that helps a bit. :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by, Aneeqah! :)

      Delete
  14. Hi There!

    I would also like to visit Rivendell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant Interview Ina! It was great to get to know more about you!

    I have started reading the Soul Screamer's but only got to finish book two so far! (so many books on my TBR pile! And I constantly have to wait on the library :-( ) But I am loving the series so far! I also totally agree - Tod is amazing! Hehe. I much prefer him to Nash! But that's probably because some of the "oh my god, he's so hot" guys really irritate me in YA. Haha.

    Thanks for sharing and for commenting on my intro post.
    Also, we would love to have you on our meme but no pressure! :D

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tod and Stephen King. Yes and yes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY CLOUD!! Ina!!! Sorry to be commenting so late T_T I had forgotten you were participating!!!

    ~high fives for the community~

    O_O TOD!! Why didn't I think of that! T_T #fail

    As for why you started blogging...I had had an idea but didn't know it was exactly for the SSRC!!!! >.< ~fist pump~ T_T I'm shy too :'(
    Need to change that now!! >.<
    Thanks for commenting on my blog too >_<

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to the book blogging community. Nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete