Since I was tagged by Mag from Geek Chic, it's now my turn to tag some other bloggers! This is just a way to get to know fellow bloggers a little better. Thanks for tagging me, Mag!
- You must post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
1. Who is the author you own the most books by? This is a toss-up between James Patterson and Stephen King. I think I have about equal amounts of books by both of them.
2. If you meet ANY author, who would you pick? Can I only pick one? If so, then I would have to say Alexander Gordon Smith. I would love to know how is mind works to come up with a world as gruesome, disturbing, and dark as the one in his "Escape from Furnace" series. If I can pick a second one, I would have to go with James Patterson. I have adored his work for many years and would love to have a sit down with one of the greatest authors ever. That being said, I don't think I would be able to get too many words out, because I would be so starstruck.
3. What book have you reread the most times? Without a doubt, "The Outsiders" by Susan E. Hinton. It is one of the best books ever written, and I still cry every time I read it.
4. What is your favorite book genre? Right now, I would have to say pretty much anything Young Adult which has supernatural/paranormal aspects in it.
5. Do you ever listen to music while you're reading? Yes, I do. Usually, it's only on very low volume though, just so it's not completely silent around me. I like a little bit of background noise.
6. Who is your favorite character from any book? I know you already know that one, so it is no surprise to you. Tod Hudson from Rachel Vincent's "Soul Screamers" series. He is simply incredible. He is charming, funny, protective, caring, honest, and it doesn't hurt that he is super handsome too.
7. If you could meet (and be friends with!) any character from any book in real life, who would you choose? No, I'm not going with Tod Hudson here, but with Kaylee Cavanaugh instead. She is the female heroine in the "Soul Screamers" series and she is one tough chick. Being friends with her would never get boring. Sure, you would probably end up staring death square in the face a few times, but hey, who doesn't want to get their heart rate up every now and then.
8. Five books that made you laugh? Okay, this is a bit of a tough one. I will have to think about this. Is it okay if I pick series too? 1. The Ghost And The Goth by Stacey Kade, 2. Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent, 3. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout, 4. The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine, 5. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
9. Five books with the hottest guys? No surprise 1. Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent (Tod Hudson, I really like Alec too), 2. Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith (Donovan and Alex), 3. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead (Adrian and Dimitri), 4. Divergent by Veronica Roth (Four), 5. The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine (Shane and Michael)
10. How many books do you read in the average week? I always try and be super optimistic when I say I'm going to read two books a week. However, the truth is, I'm lucky to get one book a week done. My little man doesn't allow for much free time, apart from the evenings.
11. And now for the most impossible question ever: If you had to pick ONE BOOK, what would you say your favorite is (at least, as of right now)? Oh gosh, what a hard question. I'm so torn right now. Okay, okay, I'm going to go with... "If I Die" by Rachel Vincent, with "Lockdown" as a close second. I just couldn't leave that one out.
Now it's my turn to tag other bloggers and come up with some questions for them.
First, here are the bloggers I'm tagging:
These are my questions:
1. What was your favorite debut novel in 2011?
2. Who are your top five female heroines?
3. Who is your favorite author of all time?
4. Who are your top three book boyfriends?
5. If you could switch roles with a fictional character, who would you want to switch with and why?
6. Which are your favorite supernatural beings? Why?
7. Which book release are you most looking forward to in 2012?
8. Which three books made you both laugh and cry?
9. Who are your top five favorite fictional couples?
10. If you could pick only one book/series to take to a deserted island with you, which one would you pick and why?