Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sweet Evil Read-Along: Week 4 - Halloween


I am cutting it a little bit close, but week number four in the Sweet Evil Read-Along isn't quite over yet. This awesome event is being hosted by the amazing Mindy of Magical Urban Fantasy Reads and this week we were reading chapters twenty-six all the way through to thirty-one.

Our topic for the fourth and final week is:

HALLOWEEN!!!

I'm originally from Germany and we didn't have/celebrate Halloween when I was growing up. I still remember watching kids dress up and go trick-or-treating in movies, and being a teeny tiny bit jealous of them. The only thing I can remember, is a Halloween party at my school when I was 13 or 14 or something like that.

Nowadays, it has become more popular, especially in the bigger cities, but the little town I grew up in still doesn't seem to be big on it. My mom told me she had three kids coming to her door last year which made her incredibly happy.

Well, but since I'm not living in Germany anymore and am now the proud mommy of a four-year-old boy, I do get to experience the whole thing with and through him. He was one the first time we went trick-or-treating and it was so cute because he had just started walking. We only went to three houses but he had so much fun. The last two years we went with his cousins which made it even better for him. I remember when he was two and we started going up the stairs of the first house, he got so nervous and shy - and yes, a little bit scared, funny enough though, not of the decorations, just of the people. Well, but as soon as he found out that he got candy at the doors, he couldn't get from house to house fast enough.

Needless to say, he's already super excited for Halloween this year, though he hasn't quite made up his mind about a costume yet. Last year, he went as Curious George and right now, he wants to go as Spider-Man, but we shall see. A lot can happen in four days... ;)


Mini Review

Again, I love this book and the characters so much. If anything, I would have only one slightly negative comment. I felt, at times, it was too much about Anna and Kaidan and their relationship issues, where I would have rather had more Nephillim stuff going on. There was some action at the end and I am really, really hoping there will be more of that in book two, SWEET PERIL.

My rating: 4.75 out of 5 stars

This might be an odd rating. I had initially intended to give it a 4.5 because of what I just said above, but I am missing those characters too much already and just couldn't do it.

*****

Thank you so much to Mindy for hosting this awesome event! I loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment