Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sweet Evil Read-Along: Week 2 - Citrus or Pear Recipe


We are in week two of the amazing Sweet Evil Read-Along which is being hosted by the wonderful Mindy of

This week's topic is:

Citrus or Pear Recipe


Now, I have to admit I don't know any citrus or pear recipes myself. I'm actually not a citrus fan whatsoever, and my favorite way of eating a pear, is fresh from the tree when it's still green and pretty hard. That's how I like my pears.

Since I don't have a recipe of my own, I went and hunted one down that I think I will have to try very soon. Credit for it goes to Kraftcanada.com.

Apple-Pear Crumble Pie



Prep time:   20 min
Total time:  1 hr 5 min
Makes:        10 servings, 1 piece (100 g) each

What You Need

24 cup Nilla Vanilla Wafers, finely crushed (about 2/3 cup)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
1 frozen deep-dish pie shell (1/2 of 350-g pkg.), thawed
2 large baking apples, peeled, sliced
1 large fresh pear, peeled, sliced
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1-1/4 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping

Make It

HEAT oven to 375ºF.
MIX wafer crumbs, brown sugar and butter until well blended.
SPREAD cream cheese carefully onto bottom of pie shell; sprinkle with half the crumb mixture. Combine fruit in large bowl. Add granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon over crumb layer in pie shell; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
BAKE 45 min. or until fruit is tender and pie shell is lightly browned. Cool completely. Serve topped with Cool Whip.
 
Head over here to see the whole recipe with a picture. YUMMY!!! Now, I don't know about you, but my mouth is all watery.

*****

Last week I got a little bit hasty with my Sweet Evil post, because I forgot to include a mini review of the first nine chapters. Don't worry, I will be talking about them today.

Mini Review

Oh dear, you have no idea how happy I am I signed up for this read-along. Who knows how much longer I would have deprived myself of getting to know these amazing characters in this incredible world.

I love Anna. She is so sweet, innocent, and just absolutely pure. Then you have Kaidan, who is the complete opposite of everything that makes Anna who she is. I do not usually say this about any fictional character, but boy, he is hot and sexy and oh so dangerous.
I adore both Patti and Jay. Patti is such an amazing, caring person, and Jay just seems like a great, great friend to have.
On a side not, I am utterly terrified of Kaidan's dad. There, I said it.

So far, I am enjoying every second of this story. I felt a connection to Anna right from the start and the way the author Wendy Higgins writes, you live every little scene through Anna. Every time she fights with her own emotions, you can feel the tugging and pulling in your own body. It's fantastic.

I have always found stories about angels and demons to be very fascinating and intriguing, so this is the perfect kind of book for me. I cannot wait to read what happens next.

*****
 
I picked a favorite line to share with you guys, and I chose this particular one because it almost had me falling off the couch laughing so hard.

Anna and Kaidan:


"Kaidan...do you think you could try to be a gentleman, at least while we're traveling together, and maybe wear shorts to bed?"

"Ahh...I see." He sat back. "The sight of my arse gave you quite a fright, did it?"


Oh, have I mentioned how much I love Kaidan's British accent?!?! Because I do!!!

 

1 comment: