Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stacking The Shelves {1}

I haven't done a post about books I received in a while, but I figured it was time again. The books aren't all from this past week, but more like the last three weeks. As I am sharing my bookish mail with you, I give a shout out to Tynga's Reviews for hosting "Stacking The Shelves".

First up, are three books I bought.




"Clockwork Angel" I found when we went on a fishing trip of all things. While my hubby and his brother-in-law went fishing, my sister-in-law, my little boy, and I went strolling through a little mall. I was so happy to see they actually had a REAL bookstore, which I hadn't seen in so, so long. Obviously, I hadn't anticipated being able to walk into a bookstore, and was so completely overwhelmed and couldn't remember a single book I really, truly wanted. How pathetic is that, people? After spending some time looking through shelves, I found the super deal of "Clockwork Angel" for only $4.99. As you can tell, I took it, and am looking forward to start my journey into this series.

"Sweet Evil" and "Pure" I had ordered and was so super happy when they showed up only a couple of days later. "Half-Blood" was so amazing that I just HAD to get "Pure". I cannot wait to see what's going on with Alex, Aidan, and Seth - oh, and Caleb! I love me some Caleb!
I have heard so many amazing things about "Sweet Evil" from all over the blogosphere that I couldn't say no when I saw it. I am super intrigued by the summary as well.

*****



I also received two books from my sweet friend Rebecca. The first is "Eisberg" (Iceberg) by Clive Cussler and the second is "Knochenlese" (Grave Secrets) by Kathy Reichs. They sound very interesting and I'll definitely be giving them a try.

 

*****

Oh, I just remembered, I bought "Water For Elephants" the other day. My library had it up for sale and I only paid 50 cents. That's what I call a steal. I won't read it just yet though because it will be a Book Club read in July anyway.

*****


Last but definitely not least, I got this gorgeous, gorgeous postcard from the author Tiffany King. The picture turned out a little bit darker than I wanted it too, but I hope you can still see its awesomeness. I absolutely love it! It's looking all stunning and beautiful on my fridge - even though I did get some weird looks from the hubby when he saw it there for the first time. When I told Tiffany King about it, she actually said she would send me a magnet as well. How awesome is that?! I can't wait to see my hubby's look then...



*****

What about you? What did you receive in the mail this week? I would love to hear about your treasures!




4 comments:

  1. I love Clockwork Angel! Hope you do too. I have just finished and enjoyed Sweet Evil. Hope you enjoy all your books.

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite a haul! I didn't love Clockwork Angel very much (It felt so.. fake at times to me) but I hope you'll enjoy it (and the series in general) more than I did! :)

    New GFC follower!

    Patricia // My Week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clockwork Angel is really good, so I hope you like it! :) Sweet Evil's actually on my Kindle, but I haven't started it yet. I hope you like it!

    Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***
    Check out my My Stacking the Shelves post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so have to get a copy of SWEET EVIL. I hope you enjoy all the books you got!

    Stéphanie from Tynga's Reviews | Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete