Wednesday, May 22, 2013

HELP get #TeamTOD a spot at the YA Crush Tourney 3.0

Hello, hello, hello,

I have some super important news today! Some of you might still remember last year's amazing YA Crush Tourney hosted by the awesome girls over at YA Sisterhood. Well, it's back again this year and I, personally, think it's going to be better than ever - more diverse with a lot more authors/books and new crushes to discover. Last year, I was an advocate for the always hilarious and gorgeous reaper TOD HUDSON of Rachel Vincent's  SOUL SCREAMERS series. He is still my absolute favorite fictional character and with the new rules to the tournament, I figured he could use a little bit of early support to, hopefully, ensure him a spot in the final 28.

For all the tournament details, go and check out YA Sisterhood's post right here.

As I said, there are new rules this year, with one of them being that the tourney is going to be divided into four categories and the one that my favorite reaper fits into, happens to be the toughest of all - with A TON of competition. So, which is why I am writing this post today because I really, really truly believe that there is no one quite like TOD HUDSON and he most certainly deserves to be in this tournament.

Please, please, please, peeps, GO HERE and NOMINATE the BEST REAPER there ever was, you all know you want to!!! Nominations are ONLY OPEN until MAY 25th at 12:01AM!!!




Need any more proof to convince you to go and nominate him? How about some quotes?

“So, 'reaper' is really just a nice word for 'covert pervert?' Is that what you're saying?” 

*****

“So you’re saying the afterlife is hard on the libido? FYI, that’s probably not a good bullet point for your recruiting brochure.” 

 *****

 “Uh, yeah, I do. The scythe was a little tricky at first, but—much like golf—turns out it’s all in the swing.”

*****

 “I'm dead, not impotent. Nasty rumors like that must be squashed before they gain momentum. Feel free to emphasize how very functional I am.”

***** 

“As a matter of fact, I was going to offer you something.”
“What did you have in mind?”
"A field trip. You interested in doing something dangerous, and possibly illegal?”
“Does it involve underage girls, broken curfews and assorted fruit toppings?”

***** 

“You just say the word, and I'll make the rest of the world go away. I'll take you someplace safe, where no one else can reach us.” 

 ***** 

 “There's a good kind of crazy, Kaylee," he insisted softly, reaching out to wrap his warm hand around mine. "It's the kind that makes you think about things that make your head hurt, because not thinking about them is the coward's way out. The kind that makes you touch people who bruise your soul, just because they need to be touched. This is the kind of crazy that lets you stare out into the darkness and rage at eternity, while it stares back at you, ready to swallow you whole."

***** 

This last one is one of my absolute favorites, but since some might consider it a bit spoiler-y, you have to highlight it to see it - at your own risk if you haven't yet read the series - or at least, past IF I DIE.
 
“You're the brightest thing I've ever seen, Kaylee. You're this beautiful ball of fire spitting sparks out at the world, burning fiercely, holding back the dark by sheer will. And I always knew that if I reached out -- if i tried to touch you -- I'd get burned. Because you're not mine. I'm not supposed to feel the fire. I'm not supposed to want it. But I do. I want you, Kaylee, like I've never wanted anything. Ever. I want the fire. I want the heat, and the light, and I want the burn.”


There you have it folks! I really hope you'll show your support for the incredibly charming TOD HUDSON!!! Seriously, when else could you ever call a reaper "charming"??? He really needs your help, so PLEASE hop on over to Fantasy Book Addict and fill out the form. It will only take you a minute, I promise!!! Thank you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment